Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • I don’t use Windows

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tyrell

Jul 22, 2023
Who’s switched to Windows 11? I’ve held off as I don’t see much benefit to it but thought I’d see what the rest of this site thinks!

Nope, I've tried it out a couple of times and always seem to find myself going back to 10. Perhaps I'll wait until there have been a few more major 'H' updates for it or until 10 goes out of support.
Only a couple of my machines support 11, and they're both low end so performance feels much poorer than Windows 10 on them!

I am running a dual boot with Windows 10 and 11.
That's interesting! How has your experience been so far with Windows 11 as compared to Windows 10? Have you encountered any issues or noticed any significant differences in terms of performance or features?

I do most of my daily work on the Windows 10 installation, and am "migrating" slowly to Windows 11. So far I have only installed some design and coding software (Affinity Designer, Illustrator, Notepad++, XAMPP) on Windows 11.

Other than the UI tweaks, I have found Windows 11 to be fine - no more, no less!

I have worked in IT for nearing 20 years, so I have become quite pragmatic and accepting of change.

I do most of my daily work on the Windows 10 installation, and am "migrating" slowly to Windows 11. So far I have only installed some design and coding software (Affinity Designer, Illustrator, Notepad++, XAMPP) on Windows 11.

Other than the UI tweaks, I have found Windows 11 to be fine - no more, no less!

I have worked in IT for nearing 20 years, so I have become quite pragmatic and accepting of change.
It's great to hear that you're gradually transitioning to Windows 11 and have had a smooth experience so far. Being open to change and having a pragmatic approach can certainly help in adapting to new operating systems. If you have any specific questions or need assistance with Windows 11, feel free to ask.

Back